StreamShark's Live Streaming product is compatible with Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE) Broadcaster. Let's outline the steps required to get you streaming your live event with FMLE and StreamShark.
StreamShark has validated it's live streaming solution with Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE). StreamShark supplies a FMLE configuration file that is easily downloadable from the customer portal, so you will be up and running in no time.
Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE)
Adobe FMLE is available for free for both PC and Mac. Please note that the use of AAC audio (which we recommend) on Windows requires a paid plugin.
Integration with StreamShark is very easy thanks to a downloadable XML configuration file supplied by StreamShark for each live stream. To use it take the the following steps:
- Log into the StreamShark portal. Navigate to your live stream. Click the 'Download FMLE Config File' button as seen in the screenshot below.
- Open Flash Media Live Encoder
- Ensure that your video and audio devices are configured to your satisfaction
- Under the 'File' menu of FMLE, select 'Open Profile'.
- Select the xml profile that you downloaded in Step 1 and click on 'Open'
- All settings should now be pre-populated, including the FMS URL and stream name
- Click on the large green 'Start' button to start broadcasting.
- Confirm that your video is broadcasting by clicking the 'Preview' link on your live stream listing in StreamShark.