The video below demonstrates the StreamShark integration within vMix
Using vMix Without The StreamShark Integration
If for some reason you don't want to use our vMix integration you can follow the guide below.
Create a live stream in the StreamShark portal. In this example we're creating a live stream with 3 qualities. Please be aware that it can take up to 40 minutes for new streams to deploy.
(Click to enlarge)
In The VMix Encoder
- Open up VMix.
- Select the cog next to 'Stream' at the bottom of the screen.
- Make sure '1' is selected. As we're going to stream at 3 qualities, we will need to broadcast in 3 different qualities. First we'll start with the lowest quality.
- For the destination field select 'Custom RTMP Server'.
- In URL enter the 'FMS URL Prefix'. This can be found in the overview page for your live stream in the StreamShark portal. For this example we'll use rtmp://publish.live.streamshark.io/2050C7/bezcspvcs
- For 'Stream Name or Key' enter the 'Stream 1 URL' found in the StreamShark portal. For this example we'll use "vmix-example-stream_428?bearsbeetsbsg&adbe-live-event=vmix-example-stream_" (minus the quotes).
- Click the number '2' at the top. We'll enter the medium quality stream details. Repeat steps 4-6, but for step 6 instead use 'Stream 2 URL' (found in the StreamShark portal).
- Click the number '3' at the top. We'll enter the highest quality stream details. Repeat steps 4-6, but for step 6 instead use 'Stream 3 URL' (found in the StreamShark portal).
- Make sure your input size is at least the same resolution as your highest quality stream.
- Click the cog next to 'quality'.
- Check each of the boxes. Make sure each streams video bitrate, and resolution matches what is set within the StreamShark portal.
- Make sure to check 'Strict CBR'.
- You're done! Click Start to start broadcasting your video source.
If you have any questions or issues following this guide, please email email@example.com and we'll try to get you up and running.