This guide will show you how to broadcast 360 degree video through StreamShark using Vahana VR.
Step 1: Create a 360 Degree Player Template
1. Click on 'Customization' from the left hand menu, then select 'Player Templates' from the drop down.
2. Click 'Add New' from the top of the screen.
3. Enter a name for your template.
4. Enable the '360 Degree Player' option.
5. Click the 'Create' button down the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Create a New Streaming Event
1. Click on the Streaming Event button on the left hand menu in the StreamShark portal
2. Click on Add New to create a new Streaming Event.
Step 3: Add Your Event Details
1. Add an event name, title and description.
2. Make sure to select your 360 degree player template.
3. On the 'Main-Event Settings', choose 'Dedicated Server Source' from the drop down.
4. Click 'Save' to continue.
On the Post-Event/Pre-Event Settings, you can optionally choose a media source (such as an Image) to show as a place holder after your event goes live. We recommend leaving these blanks if you're just getting started.
Step 4: Take Note Of The Important Details For Vahana
1. Click on the event you just created.
2. Copy 'RTMP Main' (Number 1 in the screenshot below) into Vahana's RTMP output setting 'Stream URL'.
3. Copy the Username and Password (Number 2 in the screenshot below) into Vahana's authentication fields.
4. This is the URL (Number 3 in the screenshot below) you will view the 360 degree streams in.
Step 5: Copy The Above Details Into Vahana VR
1. In Vahana, click 'Configuration', then 'Outputs'.
2. Click on 'Add new output'.
3. Click 'RTMP stream'.
4. Fill out the point 1 & 2 with the details listed in screenshot above. You can customize the Vahana general settings depending on your camera setup.
5. To starting broadcasting your 360 stream in Vahana, click the 'RTMP' button on top right on the panorama page, and the 'Live (Streaming)' icon should start flashing.
Step 6: You're Good To Go!
You should now be able to see an output of the stream in our 360 degree player using the link next to the number 3 in this screenshot.