The video below demonstrates how to use StreamShark's dedicated live streaming server.
This guide will show you how to setup an event using a dedicated live streaming server.
Step 1: Create a New Streaming Event
1. Click on the 'Streaming Event' button on the left hand menu in the StreamShark portal.
2. Click on 'Add New' to create a new Streaming Event.
Step 3: Add Your Event Details
1. Select Event Type to be Standard, Add an event name, title and description. If your dedicated server has been deployed correctly, you will be able to select it in the Primary Encoder Server dropdown list.
2. On the 'Main-Event Settings', choose 'Dedicated Server Source' from the drop down.
3. Click 'Save' to continue.
On the Post-Event/Pre-Event Settings, you can optionally choose a media source (such as an Image) to show as a place holder after your event goes live.
Step 4: Broadcast Your Stream
1. Click on the event you just created.
2. 'Server URL/Address' and 'Main Stream Name' (Number 1 in the screenshot below) is the RTMP URL you will be broadcasting to from your encoder.
3. The RTMP User and Password (Number 2 in the screenshot below) are used in the authentication fields for the broadcast encoder you're using.
4. Once you've got your encoder setup, start broadcasting your stream.
Step 5: Verify Your Stream Is Being Received
1. Under the Sources tab, ensure the Active Source is set to main.
2. Ensure a valid stream is being published by checking there is a green dot on the active source.
3. You can also grab your m3u8 URL for playback using a custom video player
You're All Set!
Now that you've broadcast successfully, you can now experiment with broadcasting to the 'Pre' and 'Post' sources and switching between them during live broadcast.